Middletown City Schools Enrollment Center
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Middletown City Schools! We are so happy you are considering enrolling your student in our schools. Middletown's enrollment process is done online. If you do not have access to a computer, please stop by the Enrollment Center located on the 4th Floor of the Middletown City Building, to use one of our computers.
We hope you'll explore our website and social media channels to learn more about our schools, teachers, and community. We are #MiddieRising.
Steps in the Enrollment Process
**ONLY A CUSTODIAL PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN can officially enroll a student; therefore, they MUST be the person(s) present at the time of enrollment.
Step 1: Complete the ONLINE Student Enrollment Application
- Enrollment Application can be filled out prior to coming to the Enrollment Center or the Enrollment Center provides computer access to complete the online application.
- To complete the enrollment application, you will be asked to create a username and password. Please remember the username and password, you will need to refer back to this account information.
Step 2: Document Verification
- You will need to personally appear to finish registering your child and provide required documentation.
- YOU MUST BRING ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WITH YOU at the time of enrollment. Copies of the documents will be made and the originals will be returned to you immediately.
Step 3: Proof of Residency (Effective immediately as of January 2020)
If residence is NOT in your name, the owner or leasee of the residence is required to visit the registration center. They will need to bring their driver’s license/photo id and documents to verify proof of residency. Both parties are required to sign the residency verification form to complete enrollment process.
- Recent home purchase closing statement
- Current rental lease
- Current property tax statement
- Utility Bill within the last 30 days (Duke, Spectrum, Water Bill, etc..)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible to attend Middletown City Schools?
Students age 5 through 20, who have not already earned a high school diploma, satisfied graduation requirements for a diploma, or completed high school educational requirements in a foreign country, are eligible to attend MCSD if the student resides within the school district boundaries on a full-time basis with their custodial parent or court appointed legal guardian. Eligible students, age 18 or older, who are living on their own, may be eligible to enroll in school. Those students can contact District Enrollment for further assistance.
- A student must be five years old on or before August 1st to enroll in Kindergarten.
- A student must be six years old on or before August 1st to enroll in first grade.
What school will my child attend?
Middletown City Schools has seven elementary schools which students are assigned to by address. Those schools are Amanda, Central Academy, Creekview, Mayfield, Miller Ridge, Rosa Parks, and Wildwood. Because of overcrowding in some schools, District Enrollment may place your child in an alternate overflow school. If this happens, your child will be provided with transportation. If you have questions, you can call District Enrollment at 513-423-0781.
Who can enroll a child in school?
Only a biological parent, custodial parent, or court-appointed legal guardian may enroll a child in school. A step-parent, other relative, or non-relative cannot enroll a child. If you are not the biological/custodial parent or court-appointed legal guardian, contact District Enrollment Center to inquire about enrolling a student at 513-423-0781.
How do I get a birth certificate?
Middletown, Ohio 45042