School-Based Health Center
Schedule an appointment at 513-454-1111
Middletown City Schools has teamed up with Primary Health Solutions to offer a School-Based Health Center located inside Middletown High School.
What is a School-Based Health Center?
In this video, we visit the School-Based Health Center (SBHC), located in the Middletown High School. The SBHC is open to everyone (students, staff, & community, regardless of insurance!
Background: In 2018, the district launched a 3-year strategic plan. This video series will focus on the four pillars of the plan: Instructional Excellence, Valuing Diversity, Student & Family Wellness, and Communication & Community Engagement. We hope you enjoy all #MiddieRising has to offer its students, staff, and community.
Middletown High School
601 N. Breiel Blvd, Suite B
Middletown, OH 45042
**Open year round with the exception of U.S. National Holidays**
How Does It Work?
The center improves access to care for all children within the district regardless of their insurance carrier or lack of insurance. Center staff is available to assist families with insurance enrollment, if uninsured. The purpose of the center is to keep students in school and ready to learn.
- Parents must provide permission for their child to have access to the services. Services will not be provided without parental consent.
- The center is improving access to care for all children within the district, regardless of their insurance carrier or lack of insurance. Center staff are available to assist families with insurance enrollment, if uninsured.
- A district transport vehicle will drive students from across the district to the School-Based Health Center.
- The purpose of the center is to keep students in school and ready to learn. Students will receive care during the school day, without requiring the parents to leave work and lose wages.
School-based healthcare can serve students differently, based on need. Statistics show that teens are the least likely to get the recommended health services.
- Medical services include immunizations, sports/work/annual physicals, asthma or other chronic disease management and acute care for sick or injured students.
- Mental Health services are based on unique client needs.
- Vision services include comprehensive eye examinations and the prescribing and dispensing of corrective lenses, if necessary.
- Dental services include preventative exams, cleanings, X-rays and corrective treatment as needed.