- Step 1: Enroll Online
- Step 2: Finish Enrollment in person
- Only a custodial parent or legal guardian can officially enroll a student.
- Parent of guardian must be present at the time of enrollment. The student does not need to be present.
- You can register at the enrollment center (One Donham Plaza, 4th Floor) from 5-8 PM on 3/3, 3/7, 3/21 OR from 8 AM-3:30 PM starting April 11, 2022.
- March 28-April 8: There will be additional opportunities in the school buildings during the school day.
- Step 3: Document Verification (bring these with you when you finish enrollment)
- Student birth certificate
- Student immunization/shot record
- Proof of residency
- Custody documents (if applicable)
Welcome to Kindergarten
Middletown City School District welcomes you and your child to a wonderful school experience! Your child's education begins with their Kindergarten year - a year that is filled with new and exciting experiences for children and their families.
Kindergarten is a time for children to expand their love of learning, their general knowledge, their ability to get along with others, and their interest in reaching out to the world. While kindergarten marks an important transition from preschool to primary grades, it is important that children still be children. This year will be one of the most important milestones in your child’s life – the first year of school! A successful adjustment to Kindergarten will often influence the child’s perception, attitudes, and performance in subsequent school years.
A student five years old on or before August 1st to enroll in Kindergarten are eligible to attend MCSD if the student resides within the school district boundaries on a full-time basis with their custodial parent or court appointed legal guardian. Those students shall contact the District Enrollment for further assistance, (513)423-0781.
In limited and specific circumstances a Kindergarten student may be eligible for an early entrance or a delayed entrance into kindergarten. An application for early entrance to Kindergarten must be completed and approved prior to registering your child. If your child's 5th birthday falls between August 2 and January 1, you can apply for early entry. Please see the Student Services Manual, Section I, and Section IV for more information.
Enrollment takes place at the District Office Enrollment Center. You will need to personally appear to finish enrolling your child and provide required documentation. You will need to bring proof of age, proof of residency, and proof of immunizations to the District Enrollment. You can speed up the process greatly by filling out the forms online prior to coming to the enrollment center.