2022 - 23 COVID Information
Middletown City School District works with the City of Middletown Health Department to stay up-to-date with any COVID-19 concerns, trends, and Ohio Department of Health updates.
As a district, we will:
- Closely monitor CDC, ODH, City of Middletown updates and recommendations;
- Continue to monitor the national, state, and local risk level and we will respond as directed by the City of Middletown Health Department.
School Year 2022-23
Middletown City School District works with the City of Middletown Health Department to stay up-to-date with any COVID-19 concerns, trends, and Ohio Department of Health updates. As of August 2022, masks are optional in the Middletown City School District.
If you test positive for COVID-19, you should:
- Isolate for five (5) days;
- End isolation starting on day six (6), if you have no fever or if other symptoms improve;
- Wear a mask for five (5) or more days in all settings. If you cannot, you should continue to isolate for those five (5) days.
If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 and you are NOT vaccinated or up to date* with vaccinations, you should:
- Quarantine for five (5) days;
- Watch for symptoms for a full 10 days after exposure;
- Wear a mask around others for another five (5) days**
- Get tested on day five (5) if possible.
You DO NOT NEED TO QUARANTINE if you are up to date* on vaccinations and boosters or have tested positive for and recovered from COVID-19 within the last 90 days, but you should:
- Wear a mask for 10 days when around others in all settings.**
- Get tested after day five (5), if possible (except if you've had COVID-19 in the last 90 days).
*Up to date means you are fully vaccinated and have received a third dose and/or booster when eligible (more than five (5) months after Pfizer/Moderna or two (2) months after J&J).
**If you are unable to wear a mask, you should quarantine for 10 full days, regardless of vaccination status.
What are the latest quarantine and isolation protocols?
As of August 2022, the Middletown Health Department shared this PDF with the district: Click here to view.
Do students need to wear a mask?
Masks are optional.
Will masks be required on the school bus?
Masks are optional.
What preventative tools will be available at schools?
- Frequent hand washing routines;
- Masks provided to students, if requested (masks are optional);
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout each school building and inside our classrooms;
- Thorough cleaning practices, including buses and cafeterias;
- The use of hands-free water bottle filling stations.
Should a student stay home if someone in their household tests positive for COVID-19?
Per the CDC and the City of Middletown Health Department guidelines, any immediate family member in the same household as a person who tests positive for COVID-19 should quarantine for 5 days unless they have been boosted or received a full dose* of the COVID-19 vaccine, in which case they should monitor for symptoms, but can continue attending school while wearing a mask (10 days).
- *Up to date means you are fully vaccinated and have received a third dose and/or booster when eligible (more than 5 months after Pfizer/Moderna or 2 months after J&J).
- *If you are unable to wear a mask, you should quarantine for 10 full days, regardless of vaccination status.
Click here to view the updated Isolation/Quarantine protocols.
How do I get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
My child appears to have a cold? Am I required to keep him/her at home?
Symptoms of COVID-19 can mirror symptoms of the common cold, as well as other illnesses. If students or staff feel sick or suspect they might have COVID-19, they should:
- Stay home and take a rapid test. If positive, students and staff should stay home from school for at least 5 days and longer if necessary until fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and symptoms are improving. Additionally, after isolation ends, students and staff should continue to take precautions as they resume normal activities by wearing a mask for 5 days.