Advisory Pride Program
Advisory PRIDE Program (APP)
Each student at Middletown Middle School will participate in APP class prior to 1st period. The purpose of our Home Base Program at Middletown Middle School strives to create a positive student-centered environment, provide an atmosphere that fosters personal growth and development, and enhance communication among students, home, and school.
1. Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
2. Students will complete school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide range of substantial post-secondary options, including college.
3. Students will understand the relationship of academics to the world of work to life at home and in the community.
4. Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, training and the world of work.
5. Students will acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
1. To provide each student with an adult advisor.
2. To provide an atmosphere where students feel safe, accepted, and an important part of the school.
3. To provide each student the opportunity to continue to learn social, academic, and communication skills in relation to peers, family, home, and school.
1. To assist students with their orientation and adjustment to the middle school setting.
2. To monitor students' academic and social progress.
3. To help students better understand themselves and their relationship with others in a non-threatening environment.
4. To help students improve their study, test-taking, and other learning habits.
5. To help students understand their roles and responsibilities with in the school and community.
6. To provide all students with an understanding listener.
1. August- Positive School Culture, Team Building
2. September- Study Skills
3. October- Bullying
4. November- Career Exploration
5. December- Gratitude and Kindness
6. January- Assessment Preparation, Team Building
7. February- Student-led Conference Preparation, Test-Taking Strategies
8. March- Post-secondary Options