Other Educational Opportunities
Other Educational Options
College Credit Plus
As part of House Bill487., students in middletown City schools in grades 7-12 may enroll full or part time in nonsectarian and non remedial college course for high school and college credit that apply toward a college degree or professional certificate. Students must secrue paperwork and submit the CCP Intent to Participate form prior to April of the year they are wanting to enroll in this program, attend a student/parent meeting with their couselor by te desginated April date, and submit any additional paperwork (application) through the college institution for acceptance. For more information and how to apply, please click here.
Middie Virtual Program (MVP)
The Middie Virtual Program is a personalized learning experience for students in grades 7-12. Students and parents may select this option for the current or next school year as part of their course scheduling process. (Openings for this program varies and is based on availbility at the time of request) For more information please click here.
Flexible Credit Option
Credit flexibility is another opportunity for students to earn high school credit. All students must discuss this credit flexibilty option with their parents and guidance counselor before completing an applclication. Please see your guidance counselor for an application packet. The deadline to submit an application for the following school year is March 31st. Some of th equestions that you shoudl consider before completing the application:
- How does flex credit relate to my high school goals, future academic goals and/or occupational goals? What prerequisites have I had to prepare me to take this course?
- Afte reviewing the curriculum for this course, be able to state what skills/contect you will need to demostrate mastery of?
- What skills do I need to demonstrate or cite that I have performed/experienced?
- What multifactor methods will be used to assess my credit flexibility plan?
- What methods will I use to demonstrate mastery for creidt: projects, tests, labs, internship research, portfolio, or final exam?