Student Remote Learning Resources
Digital Middie Manual
This manual represents a guide for Middletown Students as we reimagine both classroom instruction and remote instruction with the goal that you are an Empowered Learner, a Digital Citizen a Knowledge Constructor, an Innovative Designer, a Computational Thinker, a Creative Communicator and a Global Collaborator! Click the icon to read the Parent/Student Guidebook and Manual.
Chromebook and Supply Pickup
Please contact your building to schedule a time for Chromebook and supply pick-up. Kindergarten students will pick up their school supplies and school work during this time.
Student Roles and Responsibilities for REMOTE Learning
- Keep track of your usernames and passwords.
- Log in to your online platform daily for information, assignments and resources.
- K-5 Google Classroom
- 6-12 Schoology
- Participate in online assignments and use digital resources provided by your teacher(s).
- Submit all assignments by the due dates set by your teachers.
- Attendance is tracked by your daily activity in the courses you are enrolled in, daily participation is required.
- Examples of participation: attending Zoom sessions, completing of daily assignments, and/or participation in online discussions.
- Check ProgressBook to view your grades on daily assignments, daily attendance, and your overall academic progress. Grades earned are based on the district grading scales.
Tips for Success in REMOTE Learning
- Find a quiet place at home for schoolwork
- Create a schedule for yourself (bedtime, snack time, play time, etc.) and stick with it!
- Create a schedule for completing your school work and stick with it!
- Advocate for yourself by asking questions when you don’t understand (email your teacher).
- Ask for HELP during the school day 8-11 and 12:30-3:30 by emailing your teacher
- Read for 20 minutes every day! Please click here for statistics and research around the importance of reading for 20 minutes daily.
Click on the grade level groups to learn more about the district digital resources.
Este video muestra cómo conectar el "hotspot" que le dieron para tener internet en su hogar. A su vez muestra como ingresar a la computadora y encontrar las plataformas virtuales donde su estudiante recibirá las clases de acuerdo al grado académico. Dentro de cada plataforma cada maestro ha indicado dónde están las asignaciones así como los vínculos de ZOOM para tomar las clases virtuales. Recuerden, cuando su estudiante ingrese a la plataforma, cada maestro ha publicado su horario. Por favor, haga "click" en cada uno para poder ver el vínculo de Zoom así como las asignaciones y trabajos de cada maestro.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is remote learning?
Remote Learning at Middletown City Schools requires students to follow a more routine schedule.
- For example, elementary students will follow a schedule: (EXAMPLE: Mon.- ELA, Tues.- Math, Wed.- Science, Thurs.- Soc. Studies, Friday- Electives). Secondary students will follow a modified bell schedule.
Teachers and students will still meet regularly through online means, providing direct instruction and more “face-to-face” learning opportunities where students are learning in both whole groups and small groups (synchronous).
In the remote learning option, will I still be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities (band, sports, show choir, etc.)?
Who do I contact if I have trouble with my computer or other digital devices?
The school district has a student help desk for computer issues and concerns. Students submit a help request online.