Update #8: COVID-19 Update and FAQ
Update #8: COVID-19 Update and FAQ
Dear Parents and Guardians (Versión en español):
Per the recommendation of Gov. DeWine, Superintendent Marlon Styles, Jr., and the Middletown School Board closed all Middletown City Schools and the district office effective Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3, 2020.
All district activities including school day instruction, home instruction, preschool, athletics/sports, enrichment, latchkey, etc. are canceled until further notice.
Under this recommendation, Middletown City Schools has made the following decisions until further notice:
- The District Office (including enrollment) is closed
- If you need to reach someone, you can call 513-423-0781 between the hours of 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon.
- Kindergarten Registration in buildings is suspended
- Please start the process online (http://bit.ly/middie-kindergarten) and you will receive a confirmation that we have seen the online portion.
- Prom: At this time, prom is TBD.
- Graduation: At this time, the graduation ceremony is TBD.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following events:
- 3/17 Winter Sports Awards: Suspended
- 3/20-21 MHS Spring Musical: Suspended
- 3/21 Father-Daughter Dance: Cancelled
- 5/8 Middie Olympics: Cancelled
- All field trip, including band Disney trip, and baseball and softball trips: Suspended
- School events, such as concerts and plays: Suspended
- All athletic and extracurricular practices: Suspended
- All PAC Night Events: Suspended
- All Parent-Teacher Conferences: Suspended
What is our plan for educating students?
Middletown City Schools will post student assignments beginning Wednesday, March 18. All teachers are available through district email to answer student and parent questions. Click on the student resources tab to access Schoology or Google Classroom. District digital tools are accessible on the student resource page. You can find Student Resources--broken out by grade levels--on our website. There is also a tech help-desk form if students need technical assistance.
The first assignment will be posted on Wednesday 3/18, the second set of assignments will be posted Monday, March 23. No assignments will be posted the week of spring break March 30-April 3.
How is Middletown City Schools making decisions?
We continue to monitor and follow the guidance from the Butler County Board of Health, Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio EMA, and the Centers for Disease Control. We have a great partner in the City of Middletown Health Commissioner and she is working closely with the district as decisions are made.
Are we still holding indoor events at Middletown City Schools?
No. As of March 13, in response to Governor DeWine’s emergency order and the Ohio Department of Health recommendation to close schools, we have suspended all school events. We will evaluate opportunities to reschedule concerts, musicals, etc.
What about outside groups using our schools?
All external rentals/usage will be cancelled until further notice. The exception to this rule is election day on March 17.
What is our plan for feeding students?
Our Food Services Department will utilize the Middie Meal Machine (food truck), our school buses, and our community partners to distribute bagged breakfast and lunch. You can go to ANY location; choose what is convenient for you. You can find the schedule and locations in the link.
What about athletics & club outdoor games at Middletown City Schools?
All athletic events are cancelled per the ruling by the Greater Miami Conference (GMC) and guidance from the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA).
What about school-sponsored travel?
We have suspended all school-sponsored travel and field trips. This includes the band trip to Disney World and the baseball and softball trips.