According to A New Wave of Evidence, a report from Southwest Educational Development Laboratory, research shows that regardless of family income or background, students with involved parents are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- Be promoted, pass their classes, and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior, and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to postsecondary education
The Middletown City School District has many resources to keep parents actively involved in their students education.
District Resources available to parents: ProgressBook, Resources for adult education, Parent Resource Center, Homeless Resources, Parent-Teacher Conference pointers and much more.
Please contact your building principal or district main office to get additional information on parent resources.
- Assessments & Test Info
- District Calendars
- Food Service
- Inclement Weather
- Insurance For Students
- Ohio Means Success
- Parent Resource Center
- Progress Book
- Student Services/Special Education
- School Supply Lists
- Title 1
- Transcript Request
- Transportation Services
- "The Facts about Fluency: A Parent's Guide to Practicing Fluency at Home"
- Adult Education
- Homeless Information