Personalized Learning Day
What is a Personalized Learning Day?
Personalized Learning is a student-led day of choice. On Personalized Learning Days, our teachers and staff will engage in professional development while the students are at home and learning independently.
When are the Personalized Learning Days?
- Tuesday, September 6
- Tuesday, November 8
- Tuesday, February 21
How do students participate?
Students will not report to school on Personal Learning Days, but this isn't a “day off.” Choose at least one experience from the Choice Board and design your learning opportunity.
Daily Attendance and Participation
The Personalized Learning Days offer experiences and choices for Middletown students. The options support the development of a student's Passport to Tomorrow skills.
- Community Outreach Project
- Explore how to launch a business
- Complete missing assignments
- Landscape or plant care
- Learn how to play a new card game
- Call grandparent or grandfriend and talk about the good ole’ days
CAREER & COLLEGE READY
- Chores/ maintenance around the house
- Job shadow
- Research, interview, apply or work a job
- Explore Ohio Means Jobs resources
- Go on a College Visit
- Research savings plans, scholarships or FAFSA Application
CRITICAL THINKER & PROBLEM SOLVER
- iLearn how to CODE
- Do a craft
- Play a board game
- Learn a New Language
- Reorganize a room in your house
- Create a fire escape plan for your home
COLLABORATOR & NETWORKER
- Lunch with the Middie SROs
- Plan, prepare and serve a meal
- Do a puzzle with a friend
- Organize a kickball game
- Tutor a friend
- Play school
- Craft a handwritten letter and send
- Interview someone who works in the human services field
- Create a Photo Journal
- Explore how to make Flip Videos
- Create a Comic Strip