E-Flyers is Middletown's convenient and eco-friendly way to distribute information about programs, classes, events, and opportunities happening in our schools and around the community for the benefit of our students and their families.
What is Peachjar?
Middletown is proud to partner with Peachjar to share district- and community-sponsored student enrichment opportunities with our families in a digital format. The innovative flyer management program sends district-approved flyers directly to parents' and staff members' inboxes and posts them to our school websites. Think of it as an electronic backpack for parents!
Peachjar for Parents
To view district-approved digital flyers promoting student enrichment opportunities being offered by the district and our community, simply click the "Peachjar E-Flyers" quick link on the left column on the homepage of your school’s website. You will also receive an email once a week detailing the newest e-flyer opportunities.
A Peachjar account with your own personal username and password is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to log in to receive or view school digital flyers. Visit Peachjar's sign up page to access your account.
To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add email@example.com to your email contacts. When you receive your first digital flyer, be sure to click “always display images."
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. Thank you for supporting our efforts to ensure parents are well informed about school and community programs, activities, and events.
Peachjar for Businesses and/or Community Partners
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting digital flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Register with Peachjar as a "Program Provider" (account type)
Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Please be advised that Peachjar charges a fee for this service, but only if the program you are promoting requires payment to participate or offers an opportunity to purchase a product or service.
This service is available to nonprofit or for-profit organizations promoting an enrichment opportunity for Middletown students. There is also an option to directly reach Middletown staff members.
In your account, you will be able to add call-to-action buttons such as “Call” and “Sign Up Now” for parents to interact directly with your flyer. You will also have the ability to view flyer metrics to monitor your flyer campaigns.
The following guidelines must be met for flyers to be considered for electronic distribution:
- Promotes a district-sponsored activity or enrichment opportunity for Middletown students that supports the basic educational mission of Middletown Schools and/or benefits the community in a positive manner.
- Submitted in a PDF format at least five (5) days in advance of desired distribution via Peachjar.
- Includes the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- If submitted from a non-district affiliated organization, approval does not imply Middletown's endorsement of any identified product and/or service and therefore contains the disclaimer: "This activity is not a school-sponsored activity and is not endorsed by the Middletown City School District. The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not endorsed by the district. As such, Middletown City Schools does not endorse any particular religion and does not endorse any religious teachings.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
- If targeted to staff, announces instructional opportunities or offers that aid staff in performing the duties of their job.
- Does not promote any commercial activity in which a Middletown employee is engaged or in which the employee or family member of the employee has an ownership interest.
- Organizations promoting an event or program that encourages or requires a fee or the opportunity to purchase products or services are subject to the fee structure set forth by Peachjar. Review Peachjar's free flyer policy for qualifying organizations.