Amanda Elementary School serves approximately 500 children from kindergarten through fifth grade. There are thirty classrooms, including three full day kindergarten sections.
• Full-time Fine Arts (Art, Music, & P.E.) teachers provide instruction to students in all-day Kindergarten and 1st through 5th grades.Each student receives 45 minutes each day in one of these three subject areas.
• Amanda provides special education services to meet the needs of students in an inclusive environment. Teams of special education teachers and regular education teachers serve students with identified special needs. Speech, occupational therapy, and physical therapy are offered to those students who qualify. Outside counseling agencies provide counseling to students. A nurse provides medical attention to students who need it.
• An Intervention Assistance Team (IAT) works to support students who are having difficulties in the classroom. Students are referred to IAT by teachers and parents at which time the IAT convenes to learn more about the child and brainstorm strategies to help support their success in the classroom. Parental involvement is a very important piece throughout this process.
• Free breakfast and lunch program for all students.
• Amanda has 2 Parent Activity Coordinators who plan four fun filled literacy/math evening activities during the school year for Amanda families to enjoy!
• The Amanda PTA is very active supporting students and teachers with numerous activities including the Amanda Carnival!